You can scroll the shelf using ← and → keys
You can scroll the shelf using ← and → keys
I can’t believe that I am so addictive to origami.
Once you started something more complex, you will want more and more.
Right now, I still need to follow the diagrams to fold the things that I like, and I know that some advance origami experts can fold by just using the CP (Crease pattern), I still can’t get it. So, I proof myself as an intermediate origami lover. 🙂
recently, I folded quite a few things and would love to share here. They are not perfectly folded, but at least I tried them.
in my first attempts , I tried to use origami paper, but it didn’t turn out what i want. So, I finally made an order in origami-shop.com for some special paper like : Tant paper, and Foil tissue paper. Wow, after using these paper, I am afraid that I can’t go back to the regular origami paper!!
It’s very addictive for origami, once you take the challenge to fold something difficult, you will want more and more.
Recently, I am addicted to origami (because I finished few knitting projects, and wanted to take a little break from holding the needles).
I found some nice diagrams on the web and tried to make some.
Here are the things I folded so far:
I tried to use mail wrapping paper, it doesn’t work well with complex models because it’s too thick and not good to hold the crease too.
Then, I tried to find the web and see what people used . They used “foil tissue paper”, this is interesting, and I really want to try! Because it creases well and also hold the shape, or let you to shape the figure easily.
The only online store that you can shop for this special paper is Origami-shop.com, I already ordered some from them. I can’t wait to try them!!
I want to fold more, I really enjoy the process on challenging myself to read all those diagrams, it’s really fun!
This morning, I went to One of a Kind Show with my mom (got free tickets from my aunt).
it’s disappointing…. , we didn’t get anything from there, I mean, there are some good stuffs, and really attractive to me.
But the price is really too much for those things. I know that we should support the Artists, but , somehow, when you think of the materials, the work, seems like they don’t worth that much.
i have a lots of wishes…..
1) learn how to make letter press, I love those handmade cards with letter press effect.
2) learn oil painting seriously
3) crochet with very fine cotton ,and most important part is: No backache, or shoulder ache afterwards….
4) sew dresses, tops , garments for myself and Erika….
5) needle felting, I love felts…
6) making ceramics, playing with clay
7) making silver jewelries
8) make lots of desserts, try every kind of them…..
9) making stamps (rubber stamps) and sell them….
10) glass making…..
these wishes are always popping up in my mind…
Being an artist, you need few things:
4) MONEY AGAIN, all the materials , classes are very expensive…….
Do you mind Second hand stuffs??
Some people don’t like second hand stuffs because they don’t know if they are clean, or reliable, or complete ?!
For me, I do accept second hand things as long as they are still functional, and clean.
Pros for using second hand stuffs:
1) cheaper than buying a new one
2) if they are toys, it’s good because kids usually won’t play a toy for ages, so, it’s good to play second hand…
3) if they are kids’ clothing, I think this is a great idea to save up money, they grow up too fast and it doesn’t worth to buy too many new clothes, and sometimes, the second hand ones are still very durable, clean and stylish (if you or your kids really care about this.)
4) save the environment, stay GREEN!!!
5) if you keep them in good condition, you can sell them again.. (I always do that!)
6) it works for “HARD TO FIND”, ” DISCONTINUED” stuffs….
7) also save up your time to shop for a new one, have you ever try to find something that you need to travel few shops to get one? I tried to type what I need in Kijiji.ca, and found it!! Esp kids’ book, really save up my time and money.
1) they may be dirty, broken…, you tell about it
2) ….. expired… (like carseats…)
….. just need to be careful to check everything before you buy or use the second hand products….
I can see that there are many good sides to use the second hand stuffs, so, save the Earth, be Green, say YES to second hand stuffs!! 🙂